News Story
Posted by Transylvania County on February 16, 2018

Transylvania County is committed to providing citizens with both transparency and accountability for the use of public funds. This commitment is evident as County government moves towards data driven decision-making including implementation of the County Strategic Plan and tracking effectiveness of County funds through performance management and regularly reporting on outcomes. Sometimes the County works with nonprofits to accomplish community goals or to provide needed services that the nonprofit sector can provide more efficiently in complement to services provided by the County. This policy is intended to insure that in these cases, the same transparency and accountability for public funds that are being implemented internally apply.  In any given year, +/- 75% of the County expenditures are required directly by mandate or required in order to accomplish mandates. Nonprofit funding is considered in the context of the remaining 25% along with non-mandated services.

Available Nonprofit Documents: