It is the purpose of the human resources department to provide quality services to the Board of Commissioners, departments and employees of Transylvania County. Services include: recruitment of qualified individuals; retention of valuable employees; Training, development and education to promote individual success and increase overall value to the organization; a safe and healthful working environment; Inspiration and encouragement for a high level of employee morale through recognition, effective communication and constant feedback; resources for administering benefits and helping with the process needs of employees; and policies and procedures.
- Human Resources Aide/Floater Permanent Part Time
- Maintenance Tech I
- Public Health Nurse II - Child Health
- Planning and Community Development Director
- Part Time Administrative Assistant - Legal Department
- Substitute Van Driver
- Public Health Educator I
- Sanitation Equipment Operator
- Day Care Teacher I
- Deputy Director of Voting Systems
- Income Maintenance Caseworker II - 30hrs. with Benefits
- Income Maintenance Caseworker II / Grade 12
To apply for a vacant position within Transylvania County Government you will need to:
- Go to NCWorks.gov and register or call the NCWorks Career Center at (828) 883-2550 for further information
- Complete state application PD107. Click Here for a PDF version of the application. (You will not know the job vacancy number, just leave that section blank) Click Here for the Microsoft Word document version.
- Resumes and other employment documents can be attached to the application. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- Applications must be received by the NCWorks Office no later than 5p.m. on the closing date. If mailed must be postmarked by the closing date. No e-mails accepted.
- Mail or hand deliver to: NCWorks Career Center, (Blue Ridge Community College - Transylvania Campus), 45 Oak Park Drive, Brevard, NC 28712
- Pre-employment drug screen is a condition of employment. Transylvania County is an equal opportunity employer.
NOTE: If you are an internal applicant contact Human Resources at 884-3227 to inquire about the internal application process.
Thank you for your interest in seeking employment with Transylvania County Government.
***Search other Jobs in North Carolina*** - https://www.ncworks.gov
Frequently Requested Forms
- Address Change Form (htm)
- Change of Beneficiary
- County Employee Benefits Summary
- Mark III Supplemental Benefits Website
- Estimate Retirement Benefits
- Enrollment Change Form
- 401K Information
- W-4 Form - Change Tax Withholding
- NC-4 - Tax Withholding Form
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical Claim Form
- Nationwide 457 Retirement