March 10th, 2023: Transylvania County Juvenile Crime Prevention Council (JCPC) announces the availability of $125,947 in intervention and prevention funds for services to youths most at risk of court involvement for the fiscal years beginning July 1, 2023 and ending June 30, 2025. Applications will be accepted for one or two years of funding.
The local match rate for Juvenile Crime Prevention Council funds will be thirty percent.
Based on the identified needed programs and possible gaps in service continuum, the following programs will be considered for funding
• Structure Day
• Restitution/Community Service
• Interpersonal Skills
• Vocational Programs
• Teen Court
• Parent/Family Skill Building
• Experiential Skill Building
• Temporary Shelter
• Mental Health/Substance Abuse.
The web-based program application (NCALLIES) and instructions are available electronically at the North Carolina Department of Public Safety web-site. After submitting online via NCALLIES, programs must submit one hard copy to Jonathan Griffin. New applicants are required to attend an Application Orientation. Contact local Area Consultant for available sessions.
• Only local public agencies, 501c3 non-profit corporations and local housing authorities will be considered for funding.
• Private non-profits are required to upload the following forms into NCALLIES or your application is considered incomplete: 1) No Over Due Tax form (available at the above link) 2) Notarized DPS
Conflict of Interest Statement Template (available at the above link), 3) The non-profit's Conflict of Interest Policy; and 4) Proof of 501(c)(3) status.
Interested applicants may contact the following individuals for more information. Applications are due by 5 pm, on April 15th, 2023.
• Transylvania JCPC Administrative Appointee
o Jonathan Griffin, Transylvania County Finance Director, [email protected], 828-884-1931
• NC Department of Public Safety Area Consultant
o Lorraine Williams, [email protected], 828-296-4661.