- Did you know that we are running a new, affordable fixed route bus service that connects Rosman to Brevard to Pisgah Forest? Click here for maps and timetables or for more information please call (828) 884-3203, option 2.
- Transylvania County Public Transportation now has a new name:
What We Do
You may have seen the white activity bus-like vans and high top vans going through town or coming to pick up a neighbor. These vans are operated by Transylvania County's Transportation which provides transportation for a variety of programs serving Transylvania County residents.
General Public Transportation
The general public may ride the county vans at a cost of $1.00 per person each way within Transylvania County. General public transportation is for shopping trips, hair / barber appointments, employment, mail, bill payments, etc… for any individuals not involved with other agency programs. All requests for transportation must be made prior to 10:00 am at least one (1) workday in advance. General public hours of operation are 8:30am-5:00pm Monday through Friday with the exception of County holidays. Fares are expected to be paid upon boarding the vehicle. To request General Public service, call (828) 884-3203, option 2.
Senior Adult Transportation
The County vans provide transportation for adults 60 years young or older throughout Transylvania County. These passengers are transported to Nutrition sites each weekday. The Nutrition sites that the county vans provide services to are the Quebec Community Center and Silvermont. The county vans also provide transportation services for these passengers to shopping centers, recreational centers, as well as financial and utility locations (post office, bill payments, etc.). Contact Western Carolina Community Action (WCCA) for additional information about about Nutrition sites and transportation to and from the sites.
In-county medical transportation is sponsored by Transylvania County as a community service to the County's citizens. This is a service for persons over the age of 60 or those who meet special eligibility requirements and have no other means of transportation. The goal is to provide round-trip transportation within the County for citizens who have scheduled appointments with doctors, outpatient services, dialysis, public health or other health related appointments. This service only provides transportation for scheduled medical appointments. This is not an emergency transportation service. To request additional information, call (828) 884-3203, option 2.
Transportation Advisory Board (TAB)
The Transportation Advisory Board meets quarterly in November, February, May and November. Meetings are currently held in the Community Services Building 106 East Morgan Street, Brevard, NC 28712. To request additional information, call (828) 884-3203, option 2.
- Passengers who are unable to care for themselves are encouraged to travel with a PCA. A PCA is not required to pay a fare. If a PCA will be traveling with a client, the transportation office must be notified at the time the reservation is made.
- Service animals, not pets, are allowed on any county transportation vehicle.
- It is the policy of Transylvania County Transportation to provide equal opportunity to all people who are admitted to, participate in, or are the recipients of TRANSPORT services. For further Title VI information, click here.
- To request a modification of policy, please complete a reasonable modification form: Transylvania County Reasonable Modification Policy (pdf); Transylvania County Transportation System Reasonable Modification Form (pdf)
- For more information, please contact Transportation at (828) 884-3203, option 2.