In 2019, the Transylvania County Board of Commissioners appointed five citizens to the Cedar Mountain Small Area Planning Committee. Applicants had to be residents and/or business owners in the Cedar Mountain community. The committee will advise the small area planning process for the Cedar Mountain community and make recommendations to the Planning Board and Board of Commissioners on regulations, the development process, and other county activities that influence growth and development under the plan.
The Cedar Mountain Small Area Planning Committee meets the 4th Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm and all meetings are open to the public. The Tuesday, June 23, 2020 meeting will take place in the Commissioner's Chambers located at 101 South Broad Street, Brevard, NC.
To protect the health and safety of everyone, Transylvania County will adhere to the limitations for public gatherings and practice social distancing. If anyone from the public has any questions that they would like to submit to the Cedar Mountain Small Area Planning Committee prior to the meeting, questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
Small Area Planning Process- Committee in Project Development Phase
Cedar Mountain FAQ- Currently being updated
- July, 28, 2020 - Watch Meeting Here, Agenda and Minutes
- June 23, 2020 - Watch Meeting Here, Agenda and Minutes
- May - Cancelled due to Scheduling Conflict
- April - Meeting Cancelled due to COVID-19
- March- The Committee chose not to meet to put citizens and committee members safety first by following COVID-19 precautions
- February 25, 2020 - Agenda and Minutes
- January 28, 2020 - Agenda and Minutes
- December: The Committee chose not to meet in December in order to review materials distributed at the November meeting
- November 20, 2020 - Agenda and Minutes
- October 24, 2020 - Agenda and Minutes
- September 24, 2020 - Agenda and Minutes